Papillon Helicopter Tours: Tips for booking your tour
- Book Early: Papillon Airways is the largest sightseeing helicopter company in the world so they have more customers than any other company. The best tour options and flight times sell out fast so book early to get the best seats. Papillon also raises prices on tours when most of the seats are sold out. If you book early you will ensure the lowest price.
- Book Direct: Unlike their competitors Papillon does not inflate their internet rates to provide discounts to brokers and 3rd party sources. You will not find a lower priced Papillon tour through 3rd party websites. In fact most 3rd party sites that sell Papillon will inflate or charge a fee to book the same tour that you could book yourself through www.papillon.com.
- Make sure you receive Confirmation Emails: Papillon will send an automatic email once you make your online reservation that notifies you that you will receive a second email within 48 hours with your confirmation and pick up details. If you do not receive either of these emails be sure to check your SPAM email folder or double check the email address you provided. If you do not receive one of these emails then you should email Papillon so they can find your reservation and send you another confirmation email.
- Reconfirm Your Tour: One of the most important steps involved with taking a tour with Papillon is to call to reconfirm your tour. Papillon requires you to reconfirm your tour 24 hours in advance by telephone. Keep in mind that Papillon is not open 24 hours a day by telephone so try to call before 9PM Pacific Standard Time. Pick up locations and times can change at the last minute and you will not receive a refund if you are in the wrong place or show up late for your pick up.
- Understand the weight restriction policies: All helicopters have a weight limit capacity and every tour operator will have a charge for passengers that exceed a certain weight. With Papillon the weight limit is 300 lbs. Keep in mind it is 300 Lbs with all of your clothes and carry- ons. So if you have 20 lbs of camera equipment and weight 280 lbs you will be charged a surcharge. Papillon will charge for an additional seat for passengers that weigh 300lbs or more.
- Do not forget your Passport: You must show valid ID when taking an air tour and forgetting your Passport can result in no flight and no refund!
- Use a Coupon Code: If you are on this site you obviously know this step but many people skip past searching for a coupon code and throw away free money. If you are planning a trip with friends or family, make sure they know to use a Papillon Coupon Code for additional savings. Click Here to see Current Coupon Codes!
- Book before April: Papillon raises their rates on all products around the beginning of May and do not make an announcement of the change in advance. Rate increases can be as much as 10% or more above the previous year rates so don’t waste money by waiting.
- Consider the weather: The lowest priced helicopter tours are early morning tours, coincidentally the weather is the best in the early morning during the busy peak summer months. In the winter months the late afternoon tours are also priced lower and coincidentally the warmest time of day to see the Grand Canyon. Many people choose their flight times around other activities they have planned in Las Vegas which is why the most expensive helicopter tours are between 9AM and 1:00PM.
- Front Seat Upgrade: You can have the 2 front seats of the helicopter for $50 per person by selecting them online at check out, if the option does not appear then someone else has already secured those seats. If you are choosing the least expensive flight times (early morning or late afternoon) there is a good chance that nobody is going to choose the front seat upgrade because everyone wants the lowest price tour. In this scenario you have a 1/3 chance of getting the front seats for free. You can also request the front seats (without paying for the upgrade) when you make your confirmation phone call and when you check in for your tour, keep in mind there are no guarantees you will get these seats. With that being said, all of the seats have great views so don’t feel bad if you do not have the front seats.
- Know the Cancellation/Refund Policy: Direct from www.papillon.com “All fares are already discounted and, unless otherwise noted, may not be combined with any other offer (e.g. Coupons, Saver Programs, etc.) Unless an overnight stay is included, these fares are FULLY REFUNDABLE, changeable, and transferable up to 24 hours prior to the tours commencement. Cancellations WITHIN 24 hours prior to the tours commencement and no-shows are NON-refundable.Hotel rooms, or any tour involving an overnight stay become non-refundable, non-changeable, and non-creditable 72 hours prior to the event’s commencement. All SHOW TICKET sales are final upon confirmation of order. Show tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non-modifiable.”
Use a Papillon Coupon Code from our website to save you extra money!